So, I crocheted my way through my original draft, thinking first that I would end up with a triangle, then that I would have a parallelogram on my hands. I got my husband to help me stretch it to check it would be long enough post blocking... Then I blocked it and was totally surprised by the shape!
So I did. Only I have been beading a lot of my shawls recently and considered how I might bead this one. At first I thought I should just do the tips of the points but hey I had a lot of beads... maybe I should try something different...
So I crocheted and wrote down what I did. The beading took aaages until it dawned on me I should probably just get a really tiny crochet hook. The project sped right up and I was finished in a week! I'm so glad I chose a yarn with silk in, the drape was much better in the second version of the shawl.
So that's what I did this summer! The pattern has now been tested over on Ravelry and is available with 25% off for a couple more days (till Friday), Draco Shawl . The price will then be going up to £2. Follow the link to see my testers projects, they've chosen some awesome colour combinations!
The pattern has been my most popular to date and I've learnt a new skill - charts in excel! I've also made a third version with matching yarn and beads:
RedcloverCrochet at the full price of £2