Fast forward to this weekend and I stumbled across the silk yarn again. I had half an idea to use the birch bark cowl pattern but I quickly realised it would be tricky to work into the chain spaces so I went with this pattern instead.
My finished scarflette measures 32" x 5" approx. Keep an eye on the amount of yarn you have left as you come towards the last row, you may need to drop one of the repeats so you don't run out of yarn!
You Will Need:
- 100g sari yarn. Mine looks to be dk/worsted weight but I don't know the yardage, sorry!
- 6mm hook
- button to finish, this will need to fit through one of the gaps created by the ch sp
1. sc in 2nd ch from hook and each ch across, turn (99)
2. ch1, sc in first st, *ch1, sk 1, sc* across to last, turn
3. Ch1, sc in first st, *ch1, sk ch sp, sc in sc* across to last, turn
Repeat row 3 for 13 more rows
17. Ch1, sc in each sc and ch sp across to end, fasten off and weave in ends.
Sew on button as wanted and wear!