...I might have a few. And there's never quite enough for the project I have in mind, or they are not what I expected when I start to work them up. This is what happened yesterday, after I went stash diving. I found a skein of Artesano Hummingbird in dk, gorgeous soft yarn that just doesn't work well in crochet as the colour runs are too short and pool terribly. I have 2 skeins but started with 'woodpecker', a mix of orange, lime green, a magenta-ey red and cream... a challenge to say the least!
I started off trying hitchin a ride by Sharon Cheek which is a lovely simple (US) single crochet-based pattern that Did Not Work. I will be revisiting the pattern with a slightly more sedate colour in due course!
I then moved onto string along scarf by Kathy North but the colours ended up too blocky again :( Nevermind, I have a stray skein of Elvincraft's yarn that will look lovely in that pattern.
Then I had my lighbulb moment and dug out a 6.5mm tunisian hook and got on with it... Success!!
I started off with ch30 and stuck to tunisian simple stitch. The colour runs are looking much more knitted and I will post pictures when finished.
While in a tunisian mood I may also work up a sister cowl with a more openwork pattern, but more on that another time!
(As promised here is an in progress pic!)